Painting the 1/32 Eduard Merlins
I left off with putting down the primer on my last post. I started to paint yesterday and left things to dry overnight since today is going to be abuse day. Since the post engine will be heavily weathered, I painted it differently in order to enhance and to provide a good foundation for the weathering that will be be applied.
I painted the engines a mixture of Mission Models Panzer gray and Black overall. This was followed by the same colors with the addition of a drop or two of light gray. This was sprayed on all the top surfaces to simulate light hitting it from above. That's pretty much where I stopped with the starboard (factory fresh) engine. The port received additional shades of Mission Models Rail Tie brown, Tire black, black, panzer gray all mixed together to achieve a dirty, dusty effect.
Weathering is next...